Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Rules Of The Game

So today I was told that in order to be part of this "Her Crooked House" project, I had to follow certain "parameters."  Apparently, certain members of the group thought they needed to make clear to me that "your blog can't just be about sex, and it can't just be about YOU."

Needless to say, I was upset by this comment.  While it is true that my earlier (anonymous) tumblr blog was about "an orgasm a day," this blog is NOT exclusively about sex and it's not just "about me."  I haven't written about the others in the group because...there's nothing to write about yet!  We have no house, so there is no "Crooked House" project to write about.  Half the members I haven't even MET yet.  Right now its all theoretical.

And if each of our six blogs isn't about personal expression, what's the point?  Frankly, if this whole game we are playing is going to be about a lot of rules and censorship, I don't think I can be a part of it.

I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.

P.S. (6/20) Okay, perhaps I was just a teensy weensy bit psychotic with that post.  I have since come to my senses.  From here on in, I will focus more on art and poetry and less on so-called "adult" content.  The sensitive young minds of our potential readers will NOT be corrupted by my more salacious musings.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. How exactly am I "over reacting." If you plan to pass judgement on what other people in the group want to write about and censor what we can say based on totally arbitrary rules that you make up, you should at least own up to it.

      Delete
    2. All I meant was that if we want our blogs to be mutually supportive and invite a wide readership, one of us can't be be posting adult content. That's all. I'm not trying to censor you, and I'm certainly not "passing judgement" on anyone. It's practical. I also just pointed out that the whole point of creative and intellectual collaboration is that we try to engage with each other and not just write the exact same stuff we would if we weren't part of the group.

      In order to do this we have to agree on "parameters" not rules. I mean, you yourself said that we shouldn't be allowed to post certain things... like things told to others in confidence, or things that could be damaging to someone looking for a job later on. Ect.

      I mean, in a sense, you broke your own "rule" by writing publicly about a private email that I sent to you. It's not censorship for us all to agree about what we should or shouldn't post about what (eventually) goes on between us.

      Delete
  2. Just for the record, I like naked ladies.

    ReplyDelete